1.1.11

12:13 AM / Posted by Ashley /

Dick Clark makes me sad. Kathy Griffin makes me sad. New Year's Eve makes me sad, especially from around 11:30 to 11:59pm. I get nostalgic when thinking about all of the things that happened over the year, the relationships I've made (and lost) and how we will never get that time back, ever again. I'm one of those people who has a hard time saying goodbye, letting go, accepting change. But once 12am rolls around, I'm happy. I enjoy what feels like a clean slate.

I spent NYE by myself this year (much to the humor of family and close friends, ALL of whom laughed in my face when I announced my plans). There were plenty of other options but at the last moment I opted out and chose the path of Chinese take out (spare ribs and lo mein), my paints, canvases and collages that I've been trying to finish. I need the time to myself. I like spending NYE reflecting on the past and looking to the future. It's something I hope to do more of this year.

2010 was good to me. One of the best yet, in fact.

Here's to making 2011 even better!

We only move forward.

Happy New Year, Comrades!

Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment