December 31, 2008

10:25 AM / Posted by Ashley /

The closing of the year. Every year I always find New Year's Eve a little sad. Perhaps it's the finality of it all and saying "goodbye"... there will never be another 2008. Ever. It's over. It's a lot like filling up a canvas. There is no more room, so now it must be put up on the wall, or sold. What was said/not said, done/not done, started/finished, doesn't matter because it's now a new year. Of course, some look at this and think it's a wonderful thing. 2008 was great (for me, at least) and I'm hoping 2009 will be even better!

I have a journal full of New Year's Resolutions... most of which I will probably, hopefully stick with. Although December 31st is the end, January 1st marks a new beginning. I love having a fresh canvas to fill. I hope you do too.

Happy New Year!

Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment